Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Rehab



For the first time in a long time I feel really good.  The clouds are behind me and I'm seeing a lot of sunny, blue-sky days.  It's been two years since the sun has shone. And now I need sunglasses.

As my brother, son and I hugged and parted company, in Las Vegas last week, we realized that we had started writing a new chapter in our lives.  Over the course of the summer months, we had refined our character and bonded.  We worked through horrible issues we'd never seen before and dealt with them in the best ways we could find.  I pray that my character is never strengthened again.  It's been a summer of growth, it's just a shame that our dad had to pass away in order for that to happen.

This blog, at times in the past, was used as a tool to help me deal with my parents' passing.  It has served its purpose.  The Grim Reaper has been given his eviction notice and no longer lives here.  This blog is about photography and being creative.  I plan to discuss my future photography plans, shoots that I'm working on, fresh gear, and ways to overcome issues that pop up.  Look for some photography too.

----

Before I left Las Vegas, a few people asked what my plans were.  I've developed a laundry list.  All of the items fall under the category of:  Rehab.

I don't want to get into the mushy details of how I got to be where I am, and how I got here.  Instead, I'm going to tell you how I'm getting out of here:  Shoot, shoot, shoot!

For quite some time I've been keeping a folder of images that I like.  It's mainly inspirational work I've torn out of magazines.  Just to get me going, I'm going to emulate those styles and ideas and use it to get me shooting and also to add to my portfolio.

Secondly, I plan to travel.  I've seen Las Vegas and Arizona.  I want to shoot in places that have more of a trademark appearance.  New York.  Boston.  San Francisco.  Even if I never get a single image published by Vanity Fair, I will at least gotten out of this office and done the work that I got into this business to do.

Let's get down to business.

No comments:

Post a Comment