Thursday, September 9, 2010

No Pictures (yet)!

If you know me, you know that I'm a fan of Photo Consultant Leslie Burns.  She's a guru.  She's written a few books, has a blog and continually gives out great advice.  In a couple of her books, she mentions something she calls a "Sparkie Folder."  You can name it whatever you like but this is the drill.  Find images that match your style.  Tear these prizes out of whatever magazine you find them in and put them in the "Sparkie Folder."

You're not done yet.

Create a plan to shoot stylized images such as these.  Now when I say that, I don't mean to copy them.  (That would be copyright infringement.)  Create your own works.  Do this so that you have personal projects that get you going.  The point is to get you (me) shooting (and shooting a lot of work that is relevant).

Later we'll revisit the folder so that we can contact the appropriate art directors.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment